
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Fun Food!
Well, if you know me well, then you know that I truly struggle in the creativity department. I really want to be that fun mom who makes everything really fun and makes fun creative crafts and foods. I am not ashamed to say that Family Fun helps me a little with that. This day however, I actually came up with this fun lunch all by myself! I found these awesome hotdogs that are msg free and nitrate free so we rolled them up in crescent rolls and baked them. We called them piggies in a blanket... Then I made a face out of all of the food. The nose for the face was the pig in the blanket. The ketchup was the mouth and apple wedges were the eyes and of course broccoli was the man's hair. The girls LOVED it!! It was so fun to watch how excited they were. I felt like a super cool, creative mom for a few minutes. We did it again today (yeah, it was hard enough for me to come up with that much!!!) and we used olives for the eyes and celery for the hair. So I scored big once again!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So much fun! My just girls reminded me while we were looking at the pictures that have not had any fun face lunchesin quite some time. HAHA I guess I'll have to work on that. :-)
I'm totally gonna steal this idea from you! MSG free and nitrate free dogs?! Gotta find out where you bought them. Love you girl! Miss you! Let's catch up soon!
Post a Comment